Tuesday 6 December 2016

How to Solve Comment Option Not Showing on WordPress Blog Post?

Recently I’ve faced an weird issue in this blog that comment option is NOT showing on the blog posts, I didn’t even notice this since this is new blog for me with 3 posts.



Usually I share my blog posts on social sites and on one of my recent post I received unusual number of comments from blogger friends ask queries about the post on the thread instead of commenting on the blog post and on one of the comment a fellow blogger notified me that he was unable to place his comment on my blog as the post doesn’t have comment form.

He also asked me that whether the commenting option is disabled by me or any issue is going on my blog?

I suddenly checked my blog posts that all of my blog posts displays only post and “author bio”, the comment option is missing like this,

When I face any issues first I check Google whether any solutions out there that we can solve it by ourselves, this is what I believe everyone do when they face any blogging related problems.

With that said, I have checked it over Google for 2 hours or so, I got few out dated answers from WordPress support forum and some other blog posts which is over 5 and some even 7 years old posts asked by WordPress users.

Some relative answers suggests me that to try disabling Plug-ins one by one to check whether this is caused by some outdated Plug-in, I have checked it by disabling each plug-ins and nothing solved my issues.

Even I have deleted my theme and re-installed it, but my problem not solved.

On that moment I was felt like I have banged my head on wall. I know this is simple issues with any settings or as said plug-ins issue, but since over 4 hours I haven’t get any solutions that felt me like this.

Finally I have placed a query on WordPress related groups on my social circle that a fellow blogger suggested me that we can solve this comment option not appearing on WordPress issues by this way,

Step1: Go to WordPress dashboard and click “Posts” >>> “All posts”

Step2: On the all posts tab (check below image)  you need to choose all posts that the comment is not displaying, for example if comment option is not showing on all of the posts, you can select all posts by checking the small box on the top or if few posts not showing comments, you can check it one by one manually and then select the “edit” option and click “apply” button

Step3: When you click the apply button, you can see the list of options such as bulk edit, categories, tags etc etc like the below image,

Step4: You can see three options (author, comments, status) and on comment option, choose “Allow” (check below image) and click update to save this option.

Now I am happy that I have solved my comment option not showing on WordPress blog issues, as like me there are bloggers face the issues like I faced and if you landed my blog for this issue, I am more than happy writing this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment